- TÜBITAK (215S861) 2016-2017: "Kondroitin Sentezinden Sorumlu Kfoa, Kfoc, Kfof Genlerinin Vitreoscilla Hemoglobin Geni ile Ortak Ifade Edildiği Rekombinant Bir Sistem Kullanılarak Mikrobiyal Kondroitin Sülfat Üretimi Ve Osteoartritteki Etkinliğinin Araştırılması", Araştırmacı.
- TÜBITAK (107T478) October 1 2007-October 1 2009: Hikmet Geckil, Burhan Ates, Sule Bulut, Aslı Giray Kurt. Production of L-DOPA and dopamine in bacteria expressing Vitreoscilla hemoglobin, A project supported by The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, TUBITAK, Project budget: 100,000 USD plus 1000 USD/monthPhD scholarship for two years.
- TÜBİTAK (105T126) 2006-2008: Birol Mutlu, Hikmet Geckil and Sukru Karakus. Some taxonomical studies on genus Erysimum in Turkey. A project supported by The Scientific and Technical Research Council ofTurkey,Project budget: 100,000 USD.
- DPT (2003/K120610) 2005-2006: Hikmet Geckil, Burhan Ates, Sebnem O Erenler, Salih Gencer, Suleyman Aydin. Cloning, isolation and expression of L-asparaginase, an antileukemic enzyme, gene (ansB) gene in various Gram-negative bacteria. The State Planning Organization of Turkish Prime Ministry, DPT 2003/K120610, Project budget: 50,000 USD.
- BAP 2004-2005: The production, chemical characterization and clinical aspects of L-asparaginase of bacterial origin.
A graduate research project with a 6,000 USD budget supported by the Research Fund Unit of Inonu University, APYB 2004/93.
- BAP 2005-2006: Cloning, expression and isolation of L-asparaginase, an enzyme used in cancer therapy, gene (ansB) in various gram-negative bacteria.A graduate research project with a 6,000 USD budget supported by the Research Fund Unit of Inonu University, APYB 2005/25.
- TÜBİTAK (102T197) 2003-2004: The use of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin in Enterobacter aerogenes : some industrial applications.
A project supported by The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, TUBITAK (TBAG2267), Project budget: 40,000 USD
- DPT (2003K120610) 2003-2004: The degradation/removal of textile dyes from industrial effluents through the use of biotechnological methods. A collectiveproject supported by The State Planning Organization of Turkish Prime Ministry, Project budget: 175,000 USD
- BAP 2002-2003: The industrial use of Pseudomonas aeruginosa engineered with the Vitreoscilla hemoglobin gene. A project supported by the Research Fund Unit of Inonu University, APYB 2002/05, Project budget: 12,000 USD
- BAP 2001: Effect of organic solvents on metabolic and physiological activities of Enterobacter aerogenes engineered with Vitreoscilla hemoglobin gene. A project supported by the Research Fund Unit of Inonu University, APYB 2001/16, Project budget: 5000 USD
RESEARCH PROJECTS REVIEW PANELS
- Since 2005 serving regularly on either one of TUBITAK review panels:
- The Basic Sciences Research Group (TBAG)
- Health Sciences Research Group (SBAG)
- Public Research Grant Committee (KAMAG)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Group (SOBAG)
- Technology and Inovation Funding programs Directorate (TEYDEB)
- Founding Director, Center for Gifted and Talented at Inonu University (2010-2012)
- Founding Director, Children's University at Inonu University (2010-2012)
- Instructure for TÜBİTAK Biology Olympiads (2008-2010)
- 2012: Nominated by TUBITAK, representing Turkey in "Industrial Biotechnology" section of COMSTECH (Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation, İslamabad) under OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation).